Friday, June 25, 2021

 Hi there, I'm back after a long time! And with some good news, too!

The good news is that I have won the prose writing competition organised by the English Writers' Collective of Sri Lanka (EWC).

It's a good thing to happen at a very difficult time. I've been hit by a number of pandemic related problems (not health issues, though). Though I continue to work as a journalist, my creative writing reached a low point. I was writing a graphic novel based on World War II for the Daily Mirror newspaper, but it was interrupted half way in March 2020


due to Covid 19.

Also, due to mistakes made by me, I remain unpublished though I'm the author of five novels, several plays and many short stories. I have won four literary prizes (including this one) but people have given me up. As such, winning the EWC competition is a great way to say 'I'm still there, and my writing powers are still good!'

I'm sorry I can't published this short story here yet, as I must wait till the EWC announce it in their journal. But I have attached another story. Hopefully, I can publish them in my blog on a weekly basis.

You can read my recent journalism, too, here, from now on.

I will also publish a few episodes from the graphic novel, illustrated by Namal Amarasinghe.

It feels great to be back again!




No comments:

Post a Comment